ParkSmart with Optimized Idle How To for Truckers
The ParkSmart with Optimized Idle feature is a great way to save fuel and reduce emissions while your vehicle is parked. This straight-to-the-point guide will show you how to set up and use this feature to get the most out of your truck.
- To start, go to the "Vehicle Settings" menu.
- Next, select "Optimize Idle" and hit "OK.", as shown below.
- You must then ensure that you have set your parking brakes and are in neutral, with your hood closed and interior comfort settings off. If you don't, this feature will not work correctly.
- Once you're confident the above requirements are met, go to the back bunk and check that your ParkSmart light is on.
- Then, finally, adjust your fan speeds and temperature knobs to your desired settings.
- Note: The heat mode will max out at around 85 degrees, and the cooling mode's maximum coolness is about 60 degrees.
Something else to keep in mind is that ParkSmart is a stand-alone heating and cooling system designed so that you are not using the truck's AC or heat while in your bunk. If the truck is exclusively equipped with Optimized Idle, you must have Interior Comfort Mode turned on.
The ParkSmart system's goal is to minimize engine idle time. Interior Comfort Mode monitors the interior temperature when turned on. In the summer, the truck will never be able to meet the demand, which will cause the engine to start and stop more frequently. With Interior Comfort Mode off, Optimized Idle monitors the system but will only start and stop the engine when ParkSmart draws down the four separate batteries it runs off.
By following these steps, you'll be able to fully utilize the ParkSmart with Optimized Idle feature and save on fuel and emissions while your vehicle is parked. So, not only is it cost-effective, but it's also eco-friendly.
Want to learn more? CLICK HERE to watch our full YouTube video “ ParkSmart with Optimized Idle How To “!
Follow this link to apply with Veriha TODAY: https://intelliapp.driverapponline.com/c/veriha?r= .